- UFC – Pat Healy Tested Positive for MarijuanaPosted 20 hours ago
- UFC 160 – Daniel Cormier Convinced Velasquez Will Defeat Silva AgainPosted 2 days ago
- UFC – George St-Pierre Says Fear Motivates HimPosted 3 days ago
- UFC – Dana White – ‘Mark Hunt Proved Everyone Wrong’Posted 3 days ago
- UFC 160 – Cain Velasquez Not Looking Past Antonio “Bigfoot” SilvaPosted 4 days ago
- UFC – Injured Gegard Mousasi Eyeing November or December ReturnPosted 5 days ago
- UFC – Luke Rockhold: Belfort is the Next Best Thing To Fighting SilvaPosted 5 days ago
- UFC – Chuck Liddell Wants Fighters to Finishing FightsPosted 6 days ago
- UFC – Mark Hunt Denied on US-bound flights Due to Visa IssuesPosted 6 days ago
- Cung Le Will Only Return to the UFC for Big OpportunitiesPosted 6 days ago
UFC 157 – The Main Card Recap
- Updated: February 25, 2013
Content with thumb fiddling all this week, a sense of euphoria was felt as UFC 157 rolled into the Honda Center in Anaheim, California Saturday. The night would bring some great match ups within the brand’s diverse divisions, but would all play second best to the much talked about main event.
While a main event on its own garners great attention, this one in particular held a bit more significance, with two female fighters gloving up and entering the octagon. Not just for the main event however, UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche have the honor of being the first two female fighters to fight in the UFC in its history.
A main event of such magnitude needs some darn good fights to go along with and the UFC have spared no expense making sure fight fans in California had a night to remember. Light-heavyweight titans Lyoto Machida and Dan Henderson fought in a title contender match and another great bout saw Ivan Menjivar and Urijah Faber face off in the bantamweight division, so plenty of top caliber fighting was on the card.
Being ill-informed is never nice, so for your interest we’ve covered everything that went down at UFC 157 Rousey vs Carmouche, so sit back, grab a beer and relax!